Thursday, January 4, 2024

Welcome to the new year....

 ...filled with things that have never been.

Last year wasn't really a great one. Some great things happened but as a whole, the year was kind of, meh.

That's just the way it goes I guess. It's hard to say, I'm hoping for a better year because every year is better than the one before. So I guess my my wish for the new year is, more of the things that make you happy. That's a good wish 😊

This year is going to be chock full of things that have never been! I made the decision to retire this year. Holy moly! First, it's just unbelievable that I'm old enough to do that. I'm old. OMG!! Some days I'm super excited about the idea. Some days, it's super scary! I've never NOT had a job. I've been working since I was 15. That's FIFTY years!!! Ugh.I've had 22 jobs in the last 50 years. But I've been at this last one for 15 yrs. That seem like a long time and not very long at all. 

The next 6 weeks are going to fly by, and then BOOM! I'll be unemployed forever! Hmmm. 

There are definitely things I won't miss. My alarm clock for one. I wonder what my regular 'get out of bed' time will be if I don't go by the clock? Also, not gonna miss that commute every day, or driving in the winter on bad roads! I won't miss shoes. And I love cute shoes and comfy shoes and clunky shoes and slippers. But I'm going to love not wearing them.

I don't know if it's retiring or the new year, but I'm kind of in a downsizing mood. I stand in my closet and I look at all the clothes I won't be wearing again. Of course I'm going to keep some things, but most of my work clothes can go to GoodWill. I've even got a collection of kitchen things that can go to GoodWill!   

There will be some things I'll miss. Some of the people I work with are a pleasure to be around. I'll miss jewelry! I have tons of it! I don't wear it outside of work though. Maybe when not working becomes permanent in my head, I'll still make a point to wear it though. Mostly I'm afraid I'm just going to look like a homeless person all the time. Hanging out in leggins and t-shirts, barefoot, with my hair in a bun.

What if I get bored? What if I don't ever leave the house? What if, what if, what if??!! This is going to be so weird. 

Or what if I just spend all my days, working puzzles, quilling, doing needlepoint, coloring, doodling, paint by numbers, sewing, building my miniature house. OR, learning how to crochet, or how to do calligraphy, or how to do embroidery, or embossing, or resin crafts, or wood carving, or etching, or going on road trips, or bicycle riding! 

Oh man!! It is going to be scary but I can hardly wait to discover what my life will be like!!

1 comment:

garyives106@gmail said...

Naps, don't forget naps.